Macungie Borough (population 3,079), Lehigh County, PA, seeks an experienced leader to serve as Borough Manager. The current Borough Manager is retiring after 20 years. The Manager oversees all day-to-day operations of the governmental body and serves as the central point of contact for the 7-member Borough Council. There are 2 FT office staff, 4 FT public works employees, 1 PT Zoning Officer, 1 PT Community Center Manager and Police Department. The Manager is the Chief Administration Officer of the Borough and administers an annual budget of approx. $5.8 million. The Borough maintains its own municipal water system and sewer distribution system.
Borough Council seeks an outstanding, communicative and innovative leader with demonstrated skills in community engagement. Candidates should have the following: (1) 5 years of municipal management experience; (2) knowledge of local government principles; (3) strong leadership, communication and financial skills; (4) grant writing experience a plus; (5) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field is desired. A combination of education and demonstrated experience will be considered. Residency required within a 20-mile radius of the Borough. Salary range is $60,000 - $75,000 with excellent benefits; actual salary to be based on experience/qualifications.
Send cover letter, resume and salary history/expectation to Macungie Borough Manager Search, 21 Locust Street; Macungie, PA, 18062, or via email to email@example.com. Deadline is 4:00 p.m., Monday, September 16, 2019. The successful applicant should be available to start December 1, 2019. EOE
The Lower Lehigh Lions Club Annual Fall Flea Market will be held on Saturday, September 07, 2019. If you are interested in participating in the Market or would like a Dan Schantz Coupon, see their Registration Form
. More information about the Lions Club Flea Market can be found in their Newsletter
Not interested in being a vendor? Join the Lions Club for the day and support them by shopping & strolling through the beautiful Macungie Park - and be sure to stop by the refreshment stand!
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the Lions Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Borough of Macungie is pleased to announce we have recently been awarded the following grants:
• $32,197 from the Local Share Account (LSA) Grant Program for the purchase and installation of a pedestrian bridge on Cotton Street over Mountain Creek.
• $750,000 from the Multimodal Transportation Fund through the Commonwealth Financing Authority for the Main Street Streetscape Phase 3 to install decorative street lights, street trees and brick pavers on Main Street, from Pine Street to Lea Street.
• $542,288 from the PennDOT TA Set-Aside Program for the Main Street Streetscape Phase 2 to install decorative street lights, street trees and brick pavers on Main Street, from Race Street to Pine Street.
• $95,000 from the PA Small Water and Sewer Grant Program for Public Water System Improvement Projects to purchase and install an emergency generator at Well #2.
• $8,000 from the Project Lifesaver Grant Program for the purchase of personalized radio transmitting equipment and training of emergency response organizations and police departments in Lehigh County to search for and locate missing persons with special needs.
The Borough Manager is always searching for alternative funding sources, such as grants, for projects.
Macungie Memorial Park is in need of volunteers to help with the 2019 events scheduled
at the park. (You are welcome to volunteer for as many of the events as you like.)
Macungie Park is self-supporting and depends on events, volunteers and donations to keep the park, pool, playground, ball fields and bathrooms operable. Thank you for your help.
discusses topics regarding transforming communities, including:
1. How Streets Help Build Community Character;
2. Success Stories from the Field;
3. Featured Resource: Maintaining or Improving Community Character Tech Sheet;
4. Meet PennDOT District 1 Planner;
5. Looking for GIS Data to Support Local Planning?; and
6. Up Your Game using Public Outreach Technology.
Electronics Recycling Day, at Macungie Memorial Park, 50 N. Poplar Street, Macungie PA, is scheduled for Saturday, November 09, 2019 from 9:00 am – Noon or until the trucks are full. This event is for Macungie Borough and Alburtis Borough Residents & Businesses Only. Photo identification may be required on the day of the event. Some fees may apply, depending on the item. For more information click here.
At their August 06, 2018 meeting, Borough Council voted to adopt Ordinance 2018-02
Amending Chapter 274 of The Macungie Borough Code of Ordinance, Sewers, by Adding a New Section 274-33.1.
Building Sewer Inspections will be required upon the transfer/conveyance of ownership of a property, when there is a change in use or if suspected issues are noticed when the Borough performs rehabilitation and/or replacement work on the Borough’s sewer line, which the property’s building sewer is connected.
A Master Licensed Plumber
will be required to conduct the work, and submit a video and Sewer Lateral Video Inspection Report
to the Borough of Macungie.